CARRA is working to make its website accessible to all users.
Most of the current content complies with
(in French only), the whole in compliance with the timetable established by
the Conseil du trésor for the implementation of:
Navigation and site structure
- The blue menu under the banner will take you to the home
page, the site map and the "To contact us" section. In addition,
there is a link to the gouvernement du Québec portal as well as
a language link to switch between French and English.
- The search engine is under the blue menu.
- The menu on the left provides a list of frequently visited
- The main menu, in yellow, is to access the main sections of
- The breadcrumb trail, located above the content area,
indicates the position of the current page in the site’s tree
- Page content is displayed in the centre using the same rules
- Each footer contains a link to the Accessibility, Service
Statement and Policy on privacy pages, a link to the
gouvernement du Québec portal and,
lastly, a link to the Terms of protection of intellectual
property rights (copyright) page.
You can change the text size for easier reading. To change the
size to suit your needs, do one of the following:
- Ctrl and "+" to increase
Ctrl and "─" to reduce the
Ctrl and "0" to reset the
- Ctrl + scroll with your mouse wheel.
- On the browser toolbar, go to the "Display" menu, then the
"Text size" option, and select a new size. The default text size
The following keyboard shortcuts can be used:
- 0: List of keyboard shortcuts
- 1: Home
- 3: Site map
- 4: Data-entry field in the "Search" area
- 5: Life events
- 8: Service Statement
- 9: To contact us
- S: Skip to content
Important: You must use the upper keys on the
keyboard, rather than the numeric keypad.
The shortcuts are not programmed using a single key,
which makes them different from the usual keyboard entries. They are
obtained using a combination of keys, which varies according to the
operating system and browser.
Below are the different combinations of keys, according to
operating system and browser:
- Internet Explorer (Windows): Alt +
shortcut number, then Enter to
- FireFox (Windows): Alt + Shift + shortcut number
- Mozilla, Netscape, K-Meleon: Alt + shortcut number
- Opera 7 (Windows), Macintosh, Linux: Esc + Shift + shortcut
- MSIE Macintosh: Ctrl + shortcut number, then Enter
- Safari 1.2 Macintosh: Ctrl + shortcut number
- Mozilla, Netscape Macintosh: Ctrl + shortcut number
- Galeon/Mozilla/FireFox Linux: Alt + shortcut number
- Konqueror 3.3+: Ctrl, then shortcut number (in succession)
Note: The following browsers do not support
- Netscape 4, Camino, Galeon, Konqueror before version 3.3.0,
Omniweb, Safari before version 1.2, Opera Windows/Linux before
Description of icons
: PDF file
: Print this page
: Launch the search
: Link will open in a new window
: New to the site
Content, style and images
The code for the text (XHTML 1.0) and the code for formatting
(CSS 2.1 or style sheets) are separate. As a result, the site is
perfectly readable for users who disable the style sheets.
The following tools were used to evaluate site accessibility:
- Validation of the W3C
- Firefox 10.0.2 and the following plug-ins:
- Firebug 1.9.1
- Web Developer 1.1.9
- Internet Explorer 7
- Web Accessibility Toolbar 1.2
- Jaws 11
The following content elements are not yet in compliance with the
- Complex tables
- Reference tools
- Search engine
These components are presently being adapted to make them
accessible to everyone.
If you need help completing the online forms, contact CARRA at
one of the following numbers:
- 418 643-4881 (Québec region), or
- 1 800 463-5533 (toll free).
Persons with a hearing impairment
- 418 644-8947 (Québec region), or
- 1 855 317-4076 (toll free).
If you have browsing or display problems, contact the CARRA